Attendant to the Prince by Cole Parker

Ahh, nothing like a quiet Saturday morning and a new story from Cole Parker.

A whimsical tale set in the heart of New York City with a cast of characters so believable that you'll buy almost anything they say. I love a story with a twist and in this one Cole gives readers the unexpected in such delightful terms. Well done, Cole.

Be prepared to smile and then laugh when Dillon faces an unexpected job application. We should all have been so lucky at his age. Go here to read the story: http://www.awesomedu..._the_prince.htm

I know that Cole doesn't like to repeat himself and is committed to trying out new plotlines and characters with each new story, but "Attendant to the Prince" is a tale completely outside of my own experience and, I'm assuming, outside of Cole's as well. How does he come up with these ideas? Here is a story zany enough to be almost believable, highly entertaining, and very well-written by a prince of a writer who is not at all ashamed of building his reputation by making things up.

James

Yes, a great story Cole I enjoyed it too.

British TV recently had a fly-on-the-wall documentary series in Claridges, London's most exclusive hotel (room rate starts at 5000 dollars a night for a single room) and your portrayal of the fuss made over these minor royals was absolutely spot-on.

When I was about the same age Alexi Romanov was at his unfortunate demise, I often fantasized... sort of... about being able to go back in time and being able to save him. Which of course, would result in the two of us being thrown together.

And Cole, through this story, I've been able to revisit those fantasies. Along with a few variations I might not might have thought of back then...

Well, I suppose I did, but ANY-way, it was a fun read. Very much so.

When I was about the same age Alexi Romanov was at his unfortunate demise, I often fantasized... sort of... about being able to go back in time and being able to save him. Which of course, would result in the two of us being thrown together.

Was he the son of Tsar Nicholas? (I came in late on this movie.) Wikipedia has scant details on Alexi Romanov.

He was indeed, and even though I felt badly for him almost from the start, this particular Wikipedia article gives one reason to feel even worse about it. In spite of my choosing to believe in reincarnation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexei_Nikolaevich,_Tsarevich_of_Russia

Come to think of it, my reading all about Alexi might have been a major catalyst in my choosing to believe in things my parents did not believe in, but anyway...

He seemed to be a nice kid.

Ah, that's a fascinating story, J.J. -- thanks for sharing it.

I could see a good novel based on this information: what if Alexi had an affair with a teenage servant? What if the servant conspired to get the kid out through the vent ducts or something before the palace coup? There's still the problem of what body they would find, but I bet this is doable... even if the servant himself took Alexi's place. No doubt, it'd be a very, very tough story to write because of all the historical details.

The similar story of Anastasia is also very tragic. I can recall my mother being fascinated with the Anastasia story in the 1960s, where a woman appeared in the 1920s claiming to be the girl, and she lived all the way through the early 1970s. Apparently, they eventually found the real bones of the real Romanovs about five years ago, and the woman had long been discredited.