So now that you Americans don't have a government...

...Can I come and plunder resources? Set up a few city-states? Maybe just annex Washington, Montana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Vermont, and Maine? (Sorry about skipping North Dakota, but, well, you understand)

So I guess I should be expecting a marked increase in day-to-day efficiency for the next little while? I can barely imagine the sudden productivity surge here if my government got out of the way for a wee bit, and can only imagine it must be somewhat similar down there.

That's it, kick us while we're down. But, we shall arise again! Don't fear. After all, we only lost a government, not anything like an institution that did much good for anyone. Perhaps now our national ingenuity and creativity will be less hampered by onerous regulations. Perhaps we'll get a surge of energy out of this.

Uh, but what about Federal prisions? They are letting all the inmates loose, aren't they? Or did the guy who controls the keys get laid off as well as the cook, so these guys are all in there starving to death?

C

Worry not my friends, America will still run, if not efficiently, then just as it always has. I hear that American businessmen are gathering together with a plan. What is it? First off they have decided to outsource many Federal departments to India. We know how well that will work.

These are the same telemarketers who disturb your dinner every night, including Sundays. Of course I don't speak to them or their machines since the minute I see the word "Unavailable" appear on my caller ID I just hang up.

Lets bless America since the tea baggers have decided God is more important than the Head Start programs. Perhaps when we default on the loans the Chinese will be kind...but don't count on it.

I didn't vote for a single one of those turds who voted against the new budget. They're just vindictive jerks who are still trying to fight Affordable Health Care.

People in foreign countries wrongly assume that Americans are of one mind, and that we agree on everything. Guaranteed, everybody I'm friends with is stymied and beleaguered by the whole thing, and all of us would want our representatives to do the right thing, pass the legislation, and get on with business. We despise the politicians that are causing these problems. They don't represent me or my interests at all.

You can kind of understand why Ohio House of Representatives speaker John Boehner is the twisted ringleader of this thing. He must've had a tough childhood. Imagine going through junior high school with that name. "No, it's pronounced BAY-nor!" Yeah, I'm sure that went over real well.

You can kind of understand why Ohio House of Representatives speaker John Boehner is the twisted ringleader of this thing. He must've had a tough childhood. Imagine going through junior high school with that name. "No, it's pronounced BAY-nor!" Yeah, I'm sure that went over real well.

You say 'Bahhh-ner' I say 'bone-er'.

boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner...

:icon_thumright: :wav: :icon_thumleft:

Colin :icon_geek:

Ohio: You may not like us, but take a look at our raging Boehner.

I'm skeered.

With our government shut down, who is going to spy on me, waste my money, ignore my wishes and treat me with contempt?

On second thought... never mind.

You do know that the NSA is funded in such a way that neither Sequestration nor Republicans can defund it. A friend of mine from back in high school and college days is working for the NSA. He knows about you, James. I'd be worried if I were you, very worried! :laugh: Bwaaa Haaa Ha!

Colin :icon_geek:

Seems to me the guy is strutting around like a cock, hoping to convince you his ideology is bigger than yours...

Yeah, but while he's jerking us around, stroking his ego, the rest of us are getting the shaft.

You guys are wrong to blame Boehner. The shutdown's real motivating force is Boehner's huge appendage...of congressmen.

In the shutdown, Boehner is follower not leader and he's playing along because he's afraid of appearing irrelevant to the main body of Republicans and losing his leadership post.

I don't know if you guys remember this, but TWICE Boehner got severely embarrassed not too long ago when he promised to deliver enough Republican votes to pass a compromise bill.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2012/12/why_john_boehner_failed_on_the_fiscal_cliff_house_republicans_fear_outside.html

Both times, many Republican rank and file members of congress refused to vote for the compromises Boehner had worked out and prevented passage.

Boehner really is a centrist. If you want to blame someone for the shutdown, there's plenty to choose from on the Republican side, but Boehner's not the one.

You guys are wrong to blame Boehner. The shutdown's real motivating force is Boehner's huge appendage...of congressmen.

This is true, of course - Boehner's a bit of a victim of circum...stance, being stuck in the middle of a GOP civil war between the establishment and the Tea Party.

...but it's so much fun to make fun of Boehner, and as a former Ohioan, I still think of him as MINE. And I know it's immature, but Anthony Weiner's been out of the news for a while, now, so there's few other options for wang-based political humor.

(Perhaps if he had told everyone it was pronounced WAY-ner...)