No swearing in Russia

Putin signs off on ban of using profane words.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/06/world/europe/russia-swearing-law/

Of course Bryan Fischer agrees with a weird take on the first amendment.

To Bryan and others who think as he does, it's important to point out that, the right to use profanity is the right to dissent with religion...and that amounts to free speech.

Interesting to learn that he can channel our founders and know that they meant freedom of speech to be so limited! No one else seems to agree with that, but when did that stop him? The Supreme Court doesn't agree with his interpretation, the press doesn't agree, and the average citizen doesn't agree. We have freedom of expression in this country, and it is not limited to political debate!

Why are conservatives trying so desperately constrain our rights!

C

Restricting speech is the first step towards mind control. Christians like Bryan Fischer believe that the Bible is the only book we need to teach mankind, and like most of his fellow brainwashers he demands we pray in schools and in government meetings.

Perhaps Bryan got tired of reading before he go to Matthew 6 in the Bible, otherwise he would know he is already pegged for a one way ticket to hell:

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Okay, the folks who wrote the King James Bible need a lesson in grammar, but the notion of public prayer is shot to hell in this gospel. So Bryan, time for you to go back in the closet (pun intended).

I took one year of Russian in the 8th grade in intermediate school. When I got to high school they didn't have Russian as a foreign language option. I could have taken Japanese, but I decided it was too complex so I took Spanish, which I'd already had two years of in intermediate school (6th and 7th grades).

Anyway, I've lost most of the Russian I'd learned due to lack of use. I still remember the names of the first 12 or so numbers, I can pronounce most of the alphabet if I can see the characters, and I remember some words. If you dropped me in the middle of a Russian city I'd be able to say hello (Здравствуйте), I don't know Russian (Я не знаю по-русски), and I don't know anything (Я не знаю ничего) which is amusing because it transliterates as I not know nothing (the double negative is required in the Russian language).

Colin :icon_geek

(the double negative is required in the Russian language).

Colin :icon_geek

The teacher, in desperation, trying to quell her unruly class, picked on one ringleader and accused him of throwing the chewing gum that was now entangled in her hair. "I din' do nuffink, miss!" he protested.

"That's a double negative, Wayne, and means you did do something. I don't expect that's what you meant to say, so try to speak better English. Remember, children, a double negative equates to a positive. At least it does in English, some other languages it works differently. I don't know of any language where a double positive equates to a negative, though."

A voice from the back of the class, dripping in sarcasm, commented: "Yeah, right..."

I bet there was some swearing in the Kremlin last night, the Russians got booed during the Eurovision Song Contest and it was won by a Bearded Drag Queen, who Russia had said should have been excluded from competing.