Spring time in Australia

DesDownunder

Well, here in the Southern hemisphere it's now Spring, and as I look at the Aussie Parliament I can't help but think, satirically, that "It's Spring time for bigots and idiocy." (with apologies to Mel Brooks.)

It's like all those with an anti-LGBTQ bias haven't read or heard one of the many arguments in favour of marriage equality for LGBTQ people. The Aussie people on the otherhand are at least 72% in favour. I hope they have a nice Spring.

Giant spiders, murderous snakes, poisonous jellyfish, great white sharks...

Come to Australia,

You blood is bound to be spilled,

You might accidentally get killed,

With fear your pants will get filled...

Someone's believing our, "scare 'em away so we can have it all for ourselves," propaganda.

I'd rather walk barefoot across Australia than talk to an American with a gun.

Having said that, I must now go hide in the Outback.

Someone's believing our, "scare 'em away so we can have it all for ourselves," propaganda.

Of course we believe it, you had the best propagandist going promoting it, Douglas Adams:

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=986853

Thanks for that Nigel. You have done the world a huge service, by warning them of the perils of living in Australia.

The Great Australian Bight got its name from the fellatio training schools that were established there by the early convicts wandering across the Nullarbor Plain..

(think about it.) :icon5:

This is the most amusing series of posts that I've read on any forum from any source. Bravo to AD and its members.

Colin :icon_geek:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Geez Grant, you could at least live in a warmer spot in Canada. I think only Fort McMurray, Winnipeg and Edmonton are worse in winter.

Some may find it interesting that the start of spring in Australia does NOT coincide with the start of autumn up here. Nor vice versa. I can't really understand that as I thought they are both tied to the sun being over the Equator for the start dates. Maybe they've modified reality politically, just like daylight savings time gives us more daylight in each 24 hour period…NOT!

Much of the choice for the start of daylight saving in Australia is dependant on local conditions for each state to take advantage of the amount of sunlight available.

Victoria is often cold and overcast, and doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of yearly sunlight as does South Australia (very hot) and New South Wales.(hot.)

Queensland is closer to the equator and is known as our "Deep North" where politicians have their own ideas about not needing Daylight savings.

There is much discussion about daylight savings with the city dwellers favouring it more than those in country areas.

Then there are the sun lovers, as well as those bronzed sons of Australia who manage to look hot, hot, hot, all year long. :conga[1]: :wav:

Then there are the sun lovers, as well as those bronzed sons of Australia who manage to look hot, hot, hot, all year long. :conga[1]: :wav:

Particularly with that bleached blond shaggy surfer dude hair and Speedos one size too small to contain it all.