Codey - Remembered and Celebrated

blue

Our friend and brother from another mother, Codey is a free spirit at last. He has gone on ahead to dance unencumbered, in lands one day we'll know.

Codey was responsive enough to squeeze Tim?s hand and smile, while Tim sang to him and held him. They listened to their song, ?Wonderful Tonight? by Eric Clapton, and ?Angels Among Us,? by Alabama.

Codey passed away today, Sunday, November 4, 2007, at 9:15 am. Tim and family were with him.

Now he will be free of what limited him while here.

The family have asked that if people wish to do something to remember him, to donate to the charity of your choice, volunteer in your area, or do something appropriate to remember him. Love those around you.

You know what? Codey got one last prank in, or a gift: This weekend was time change?. He spent an extra hour with us all.

We'll have something posted this week in tribute to Codey.

There was a time you thought your spark had gone out. Instead, you shared it with all of us, so others might find their way. You, who wished for healing, healed so much in so many of us.

To Tim and family: He shared himself with us. You shared him with us. I am grateful, and I have not enough words.

Bye for now, bud. We will share your dream with any who need it. We will carry Codey's World forward, all of us.

Until we meet again,

~ Ben W.

?You can be more.?

And death shall have no dominion.

Dead men naked they shall be one

With the man in the wind and the west moon;

When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,

They shall have stars at elbow and foot;

Though they go mad they shall be sane,

Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;

Though lovers be lost love shall not;

Under the windings of the sea

They lying long shall not die windily;

Twisting on racks when sinews give way,

Strapped to a wheel, yet they shall not break;

Faith in their hands shall snap in two,

And the unicorn evils run them through;

Split all ends up they shan't crack;

No more may gulls cry at their ears

Or waves break loud on the seashores;

Where blew a flower may a flower no more

Lift its head to the blows of the rain;

Though they be mad and dead as nails,

Heads of the characters hammer through daisies;

Break in the sun till the sun breaks down,

From Dylan Thomas: The Poems, published by J.M. Dent & Sons Ltd., London, 1971

Copyright ? 1937, 1945, 1955, 1956, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1971, 1977 The Trustees for the Copyrights of Dylan Thomas.

Codey has gone on to the next great adventure, and we who are left behind are poorer for his departure, but much, much the richer for the body of work and the memories that he leaves us.

May the Mother hold you to her breast, Codey, and your journey be swift and uneventful.

cheers!

aj

As we went through this ordeal.... this past couple weeks together... I got to know Tim so much better than ever before from our daily chats first updating me, just back from the hospital... and later when Codey came home... sitting by his side.

Tim told me he kept going back and reading this poem by Codey over and over. It was written for a friend who's partner had taken his own life. But Tim finds great peace in it. So do I

AT PEACE

by codey

dont weep for me

my friend

my love

I meant not to hurt you

but love never dies

and you must move on

the life you now live

no longer just your own

for within your being

there will always be

a special place

reserved just for me

so live a good life

and find a new love

I'll be by your side

while watching from above

secure in the knowledge of your love

I'm where I need to be

I'm where I had to go

and I'm finally at peace

These are the lyrics from early Supertramp.

AUBADE

(And I Am Not Like Other Birds Of Prey)

Supertramp - Supertramp

Morning at last

Every night is a fight to your waking

Dreams dancing past

Through the silence of sleep, dawn is breaking

I wait and watch until them

And I am not like other birds of prey

And I am not like other birds of prey

And night is long

You are needing me

For undressed of song

I am there to see

That fear hold no sweat

Soft is my flight

And my eyes kill the lights that attack you

Life is my right

And in sleeps little death, I protect you

So hear less my presence dismay

That I am not like other birds of prey

That I am not like other birds of prey

When hopes are young

And your cares are few

Then I?ll soar above

Keeping truth in view

And my name is love

The music that goes with this is beautiful.

Tim, Ben, and Codey?s family;

The news of Codey?s passing, while expected, is still a difficult pill to swallow.

I remember one of our former leaders speaking eloquently about a thousand points of light: people who make this world better by their mere presence, and their interactions with the rest of us. Clearly, Codey was one of those shining stars, and our world, my world, is a darker place with his passing.

He is, indeed, free of what limited him here, and I can only think to ask the almighty to accept one of his own back into the fold of heaven. Codey left us with a legacy that will live on in the form of his stories and poems: accomplishments many adults fail to leave in their wake, an awesome accomplishment from one of such tender years.

I will remember Codey as one who was passionate about his craft, a fierce and loyal friend: a young man firmly grounded in the realities of this world, while hoping and striving for something better.

I am saddened by his passing, but he will live on in our hearts, our thoughts, and our memories.

Vaya con Dios, my friend.

Rick (aka Abraxas)

Like a great comet, the best poets blaze gloriously only for a short time and then they are gone.

Some say that it is because this world is not really their home. Others say that this world is toxic to such spirits.

I don't know. I am simply grateful for the light that they bring while they are here.

Hyakutake.jpg

This struck me very hard.

I recently joined Codey's World Forums and I did not know Cody at all. But from reading about him and some of his posts, I wish I had got to know him. I feel it was unfair for him to be taken away like this at such a tender age.

From what little I know of Cody, he was a loving, caring and a thoughtful person. The world has just lost a beautiful human being. May God bless his sould and may he find solace wherever he is.

My sincere condolences to Tim and Cody's grandfather.

BeaStKid

• 2 weeks later...

From me and on behalf of Codey's Grandfather, our families and extended families, I want to thank everyone from Awesome Dude for their support and condolences during our recent loss. With only two exceptions, a chapter in a round robin and a story he wrote with Graeme, Awesome Dude is the only site, other than Codey's World, where Codey was hosted. This was by his choice and not because of a site owners restrictions. He was so impressed with the hosting policy at AD that he modeled the policy at Codey's World On the AD policy.

Codey was a special person. He said that seeing the bad in people was easy and sometimes finding the good was hard but when you find the good the rewards are far greater. Codey spent his life searching for the good. He was stubborn and rarely gave up on people.

We wish we could personally answer each e-mail, pm or forum post but there just isn't the time to answer the hundreds and hundreds we've received. We all are gong to miss him, some more than others, but his spirit will live on in our hearts. The world is a lesser place with his loss but a much better place for his life.

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.

Tim