Bug On AwesomeDude Home Page

Erection from Mouseover Text  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have sexual thoughts related to mouseover text on the AD home page?

• Oh, god, yes! YES! YESSSS!
    • No.
    • Someone should take the raccoon out back and shoot the bugger.
    • Not since I started my medications

I have no idea what holding a mouse over quick time is. But if it produces and erection I'm willing to try :shock: Heck if holding my mouse over slow time worked I'd be willing to give it a shot.

I do think however, that I am missing something very important from the message; such as the understanding of its meaning.

--Steven

Steven, unless you really love your mouse, uh, try holding somethin' else.

Oh Mickey, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind. Hey, Mickey, hey-hey, hey Mickey.

(Yes, it's scary that I remember that 80's song.)

I'll think much better of iTunes and QuickTime, when Apple gets 7.6 updated.

Meanwhile, WinAmp.

I haven't a clue about this... I think there is some kind of bug. When you hover the cursor over the QuickTime Logo Button... you should see a little text caption saying QuickTime Player- 64K.

Now this is supposed to appear in any browser (we are W3C valid) but it doesn't appear in my IE7 browser despite the fact that I produced that bit in Microsoft Frontpage 2003. Go figure.

Now to make it even more of a puzzle/mystery. When I look at it in FireFox... I see the text caption, plain as day, however I see nothing suggestive.

Looks like :shock: has been overdoing those little blue pills!

If that arouses him, me thinks one would be well advised to stay clear of Wibby until he gets laid. It sounds very much as if our furry friend is suffering from that dreaded Lackanooky disease. With just a little luck he will soon find proper treatment and once again be safe to associate with. But then maybe I lack sufficient imagination to properly appreciate the wonders and virtues of QT icon and it is I who have the problem and not Wibby.

I haven't a clue about this... I think there is some kind of bug. When you hover the cursor over the QuickTime Logo Button... you should see a little text caption saying QuickTime Player- 64K.

Dude, you can't blame the rascally raccoon for this. It's possibly a bug in FrontPage. I looked at the source code, and the alt text is blank:

qt_logo.pngalt=""[/color] width="20" height="20">

Just open up the page in Notepad and replace the alt="" with alt="QuickTime Player- 64K" and life will be good. Then stop using that POS FrontPage. Even Microsoft says that: they've replaced FrontPage with Expression Web, their Dreamweaver clone. I recommend Dreamweaver CS3; that's what I use and having used both, Dreamweaver is far superior.

Colin :shock:

Thanks Colin.. it's done... with Frontpage. Actually title=""has to have the same information then repeated in alt "" or it doesn't appear in FireFox.... so it's not ALL Frontpage's fault. IE and FF are looking for two different tags.... sigh

I bought Dreamweaver MX 2004... it was so unwieldly and user unfriendly I gave up on it. I am giving it a go again from this year as a New Year's Resolution... problem is the bulk of stuff every week... actually posting twice a week, doesn't allow me much time to master Dreamweaver.

:shock:

Thanks Colin.. it's done... with Frontpage. Actually title="" has to have the same information then repeated in alt "" or it doesn't appear in FireFox.... so it's not ALL Frontpage's fault. IE and FF are looking for two different tags.... sigh

I forgot that Firefox displays the title= text only; IE displays the title= text and if the title= attribute is missing it displays the alt= text.

I bought Dreamweaver MX 2004... it was so unwieldly and user unfriendly I gave up on it. I am giving it a go again from this year as a New Year's Resolution... problem is the bulk of stuff every week... actually posting twice a week, doesn't allow me much time to master Dreamweaver.

I learned Dreamweaver starting with version MX when I got involved in my intermediate school's website in the 8th grade. My dad's a computer and networking consultant, and he gets comp copies of most software so he installed DW-MX on my PC (an old Dell that I inherited from my mom when she upgraded). Anyway, he got me a copy of Macromedia Dreamweaver MX: Training from the Source by Khristine Annwin Page, from Macromedia Press. I learned DW in about two weeks for about an hour a day (M-F only) using the book and the tutorials on the CD. Amazon.com has the version for DW MX2004 for $26.99 new, and a used copy (if you buy it, make sure it has the CD!) for $14.98 from International Books (an Amazon.com partner) and they ship internationally.

I forgot that Firefox displays the title= text only; IE displays the title= text and if the title= attribute is missing it displays the alt= text.

I learned Dreamweaver starting with version MX when I got involved in my intermediate school's website in the 8th grade. My dad's a computer and networking consultant, and he gets comp copies of most software so he installed DW-MX on my PC (an old Dell that I inherited from my mom when she upgraded). Anyway, he got me a copy of Macromedia Dreamweaver MX: Training from the Source by Khristine Annwin Page, from Macromedia Press. I learned DW in about two weeks for about an hour a day (M-F only) using the book and the tutorials on the CD. Amazon.com has the version for DW MX2004 for $26.99 new, and a used copy (if you buy it, make sure it has the CD!) for $14.98 from International Books (an Amazon.com partner) and they ship internationally.

Oh to be young enough to attempt to learn about software without fear that senility will arrive before I finish learning.

:shock:

Anyway, he got me a copy of Macromedia Dreamweaver MX: Training from the Source by Khristine Annwin Page, from Macromedia Press. I learned DW in about two weeks for about an hour a day (M-F only) using the book and the tutorials on the CD. Amazon.com has the version for DW MX2004 for $26.99 new, and a used copy (if you buy it, make sure it has the CD!) for $14.98 from International Books (an Amazon.com partner) and they ship internationally.

I've got the book or it's brother.. but never got a chance to get into it. Mine is Dreamweaver MX 2004 - with asp, coldfusion, and php by Jeffrey bardzell - training from the source. It includes the CD. I'll start in with it again as I know a hell of a lot more about html than I did four years ago. I have been keeping the AD Homepage W3C valid with Frontpage, no mean feat...so I will give it a try again.

Looking at the neat site Camy's Gaff www.camysgaff.com done in php... well that has inspired me. Fingers crossed.

I recommend Dreamweaver CS3; that's what I use and having used both, Dreamweaver is far superior.

I'm with Colin here.

However, the facts remains I get sexual messages on my mouseovers. I think you should all keep moving your mouses* around until you get sexual messages.

mice = two rodents

mouses = two computer pointing devices

(how many of you knew that?)

mice = two rodents

Aha! You're at it again! As with your beloved Oxford squiggly mark, the mouse/mice rule is not universally accepted. I've seen it done both ways. In many places, many times. Stop trying to foist your own likes and dislikes on us as hard and fast rules, your rascally rodent!

C

I'm with Colin here.

However, the facts remains I get sexual messages on my mouseovers. I think you should all keep moving your mouses* around until you get sexual messages.

mice = two rodents

I did Mr. Wibby Sir. Can I have an early minute, please?

(What is a "sexual message," Sir?)

:spank:

I've got the book or it's brother.. but never got a chance to get into it. Mine is Dreamweaver MX 2004 - with asp, coldfusion, and php by Jeffrey bardzell - training from the source. It includes the CD. I'll start in with it again as I know a hell of a lot more about html than I did four years ago. I have been keeping the AD Homepage W3C valid with Frontpage, no mean feat...so I will give it a try again.

Dude, that's the wrong book to learn Dreamweaver. That's an advanced book that assumes you already know Dreamweaver and want to learn how to access a database like Access or MySQL or SQL Server using DW server behaviors and VB Script or Cold Fusion or PHP scripts. The book you want is ISBN # 0-321-21919-8.

Colin :spank: