JJ and The Boys by Camy

A very nice tale. I really got the old English boarding school atmopsphere quickly, but with the modern touches. Mixing the two gave an odd feel to the story, but that's part of its charm.

Well done!

Graeme :)

A very nice tale. I really got the old English boarding school atmopsphere quickly, but with the modern touches. Mixing the two gave an odd feel to the story, but that's part of its charm.

Well done!

Graeme :)

Thanks! :D

I, too, rather enjoyed it. That was great as a short story. I could envision some short story spin-offs too.... (hint) :)

However, what is a "Pashes are common..." Pashes?

I, too, rather enjoyed it. That was great as a short story. I could envision some short story spin-offs too.... (hint) :)

However, what is a "Pashes are common..." Pashes?

It's from passion and means to have a crush on someone.

Great! Glad you enjoyed it, and yes there are more on the way. :wink:

Camy

OK, so I just read "Robert's Day" and been tantalized by the (temporarily I hope) withdrawn "Albert's Day or Sex on the 6:29" over on GA, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your stuff!
I thoroughly enjoyed JJ and The Boys, Camy. I hope you choose to share more of your stories with us.

Nicely done.

Thank you so much :)

It's really great to know that people are enjoying what I write. If that sounds schmaltzy then good - 'cause I'm wearing the biggest grin ever! :D

Cheers

Camy 8)

• 4 weeks later...

I really liked this one. The focus on a small story, the main character, his group of friends, a boy who loves him, a bully, and a misunderstanding -- all worked well.

I liked that this was much more about relationships, what it means to be a friend or a boyfriend or not a friend. I liked that it gave a spectrum of views, the way a group of different people would really think.

To anyone who expects this story is about boys gone wild at prep school, nothing too wild goes on. The story's about friendship and relationships.

Great story, great friends, and, well, go read it, you lot.

• 1 year later...

Wonderful writing from Camy. Jennings rides again!

I'm a product (possibly waste product) of the school system that Camy writes about, and I have to say he writes with authority and sympathetically about a long tradition that lives on even now. Not everyone who gets put through that mangle comes out of it as well as the boys in the story do, so I'm very glad that Camy chose to write a happy, positive story. As such it's idealised, escapism. Just what I need.

This story establishes a group of friends who go on to have further adventures together - go look for them in Camy's other stories. They're all great and strongly recommended.

Bruin

• 8 years later...