New Login Issues

Ok, when I come to AD.com and click "forums" it now tells me I need to log in. Oddly when I do that it goes to AD.net (not com) and then I click "login" because my password is remembered. Then it takes me back to AD.com where the forums are.

This is VERY messed up because I can't stay logged in because the forums appear to be half at .net and half at .com

Very weird and has been going on about 5 to 10 days I'd estimate. I finally studied what was happening when I realized the subtle change from COM to NET and back.

Who knows WTF is going on?

I won't say it will work every time, and it certainly shouldn't be operating this way, but if I go directly to the blogs from the AD home page, I'm fine, and then I can go to View New Posts, without a problem and on to the forums. If, however, I try for the forums directly from the AD home page, it requires me to sign in again, each time.

Everyone,

Thanks for reporting. I haven't had any issues with it, and until now, no reports.

I believe this may be a side-effect of some change made behind the scenes, between the AwesomeDude site and AD Forums. However, everything I see, and everything for the forums are still set as they were prior to that change.

I will need to look into this further and get back to you.

Everyone,

Thanks for reporting. I haven't had any issues with it, and until now, no reports.

I believe this may be a side-effect of some change made behind the scenes, between the AwesomeDude site and AD Forums. However, everything I see, and everything for the forums are still set as they were prior to that change.

I will need to look into this further and get back to you.

Blue:

I am having the same problems ...

Adam

Dude recently redirected to the Awesomedude.NET

I am sorting out these things with him.

Also please Note:

Dude should no longer be contacted or cc'd on any messages or email relating to the AD Forums.

All communication about the forums should come to me. That is what The Dude wants. It is the reason he handed the operation of the forums over to me, so that he did not have to be concerned with these matters.

In this case obviously I will need to discuss this log-in problem with him as it may have something to do with redirection links at the AD site or the .net setup.

Personally I have not suffered the log-in problem as the forum index is one of my home page tabs and comes up as soon as log onto the Net.

Please send all communication to me directly or to: admin@awesomedude.net

We are in a period of transition and I have more than one issue to deal with. Please be patient, but if you have any ideas or other problems please let me know. (Those problems should relate to the AD Forums, I really cannot help with those other somewhat more personal issues. :bunny: )

Additional: Yes I have been able to duplicate the problem when linking from the Forums Link at AD main index page. Weird. I will see what I can find out and report back.

I won't say it will work every time, and it certainly shouldn't be operating this way, but if I go directly to the blogs from the AD home page, I'm fine, and then I can go to View New Posts, without a problem and on to the forums. If, however, I try for the forums directly from the AD home page, it requires me to sign in again, each time.

Well, the login and out (and in and out) for the Forums had been bugging me since yesterday, and I see that the issues, for me, are the same as Trab and WBMS report. Just a tad annoying but thought I'd chime in, too.

:bunny: TR

We are in a period of transition and I have more than one issue to deal with. Please be patient, but if you have any ideas or other problems please let me know. (Those problems should relate to the AD Forums, I really cannot help with those other somewhat more personal issues.) - DDU

You're a wicked and evil man, Des. But then, we all knew that!

I was actually complaining tongue-in-cheek about the log-in problem, and in fact, it only happened for two days. After that, it hasn't recurred. And it isn't that inconvenient to simply log back in.

But glad you're on top of it. You are on top, aren't you?

See, two can play that game!

C

This issue also happened a year or so ago

The Dude gave it a good hard...kick. :bunny: Truth to tell, that's pretty much the only solution we have around here, so thank god it's so successful.

but don't remember what the cure was

The Cure is an English rock band that formed in Crawley, Sussex in 1976. :lol:

TR

Yes it did occur before. I believe it happened when IPB version 2.2.0 or 2.3.0 was released. Version 2.3.5 was released a few weeks ago.

Yes it did happen before and was due to a problem in the link.

That is not the case this time, as far as I can tell.

We may have to be patient for awhile until the problem is sorted out.

We are waiting for the upgrade to 2.3.5, and it will be done as soon as it can be arranged.

Delays are beyond the control of the management. :bunny:

Normal transmission will be resumed as soon as possible, in the meantime please keep you passwords at hand.

:lol::wacko:

A Work-around for members who don't mind a bookmark for the forums is to add the forum index page to your favorites, once you have logged on with your password. That seems to work. :hehe:

Use this url (copy and Paste if necessary): http://www.awesomedude.com/adboard/index.php

What's weird is that I arrive logged into the blogs, yet logged out of the forums. If I then log into the forums, go to the blogs and back, I have to log in to the forums again. Most odd, considering I thought the used the same data. Hmmmm.

A bemused (but cute) bird. ;)

What's weird is that I arrive logged into the blogs, yet logged out of the forums. If I then log into the forums, go to the blogs and back, I have to log in to the forums again. Most odd, considering I thought the used the same data. Hmmmm.

A bemused (but cute) bird. ;)

The confusion between NET and COM is freaking out the cookies. I'm sure of it.

I now go to the blogs first read them, then click VIEW NEW POSTS at the top. That preserves the peace (though it vexes me greatly)

Yes Wibby I think you are right about the .net and .com.

Camy I would be interested to know what links you use to go from the blogs to the forums and vice versa.

If you are using the ones on the AD site that would explain what is happening for you.

Use the links on the blog and you shouldn't need to log-in again.

I know this is annoying, but it will be fixed, as soon as it can. :wav:

There's a simple solution and a complex solution. Yes, the current .com versus .net is confusing the cookies.

The simple solution is to change the link on the AD home page to:

http://www.awesomedude.com/adboard/index.php

AwesomeDude Forums

Meanwhile, I suggest creating a bookmark to same, as Des suggested.

The complex solution involves reconfiguring the board or else backup and reinstall of the board, with pathnames I won't get into here.

Des and Dude will be handling it, possibly with my assistance, when time permits them.

The proper link to the AwesomeDude Blogs is:

http://www.awesomedude.com/adboard/index.php?automodule=blog

AwesomeDude Blogs

I'd suggest you bookmark that too.

Enjoy!