The "other" dark meat.. Wibb... you may need to lay low

As a vegetarian I'd rather eat with the raccoon than of him. We have much in common as he eats roots and leaves just like me.

Although it does seem he will eat anything except tomatoes.

Link: Everything you ever wanted to know about raccoons.

I particularly like the line

The raccoon does not have any natural enemies except for humans.

:lol:

Sorry to hear of your problems, Wibby. Never fear, I'm a virtual veggie. Your scent glands are safe with me.

And as for this:

Eating varmints is even in vogue these days, at least in Britain. The New York Times reported last week that Brits are eating squirrels with wild abandon.

Utter bollocks. The journalist should have checked before writing such codswallop. I looked out of the window, and though admittedly I have odd neighbours, all our Squirrels seem happy and safe.

Utter bollocks. The journalist should have checked before writing such codswallop. I looked out of the window, and though admittedly I have odd neighbours, all our Squirrels seem happy and safe.

Do you guys have the two varities of squirrel we do. We have both gray and red squirrels, the gray being large with fluffy tails, the red being smaller, probably half way between the size of the gray squirrels and chipmunks.

C

Do you guys have the two varities of squirrel we do. We have both gray and red squirrels, the gray being large with fluffy tails, the red being smaller, probably half way between the size of the gray squirrels and chipmunks.

C

Yes, we do, though the reds - which were the original Squirrel inhabitants of the UK - have nearly been wiped out by the grays. The reds are now a protected species.

eating squirrels with wild abandon

Okay, maybe, but being British squirrels, they probably have 'stiff upper lips' and no 'wild abandons' at all.

:evilgrin:

Okay, maybe, but being British squirrels, they probably have 'stiff upper lips' and no 'wild abandons' at all.

:icon_tongue:

On the contrary, I think the British are more than wild about abandoning their upper lips quite stiffly to the task in hand.

They just don't talk about it because in polite society, one never talks when ones' mouth is full. :evilgrin:

Wibby needs to look on the bright side. Reading the article will inform him of how much life insurance he needs. Let's see, $17 for the hide and up to $7 for the carcass. Heck, I'd give more than that for Wibby. Also on the bright side, he probably does not have to worry about being kidnapped for ransom. On the downside, he needs to be very careful when crossing the road and also should stay away from descendants of Davy Crocket.