Drama Club by Tragic Rabbit

dude

Well, this is one time I must agree with my old classmate, dude. The TR avatar is fabulous.

If you'd really like a bigger one, Blue honey, I get emails all the time with remedies and I'd be glad to forward them to you!

And dude, so sorry for no limericks lately. It hasn't been for lack of inspiration. I just can't get them past the censors at the Office of Homeland Security. It would be so much better if I was posting from a red state!

As always,

Ben Dover

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Thanks for the generous offers, guys. It's nice to know you're looking to increase my, uh, assets. ;) It seems I'm pleasantly average in that department.

Naturally, no one is questioning the size of Tragic Rabbit's doubtlessly impressive assets.

:lol: Thanks for the generous offers, guys. It's nice to know you're looking to increase my, uh, assets. ;) It seems I'm pleasantly average in that department.

Naturally, no one is questioning the size of Tragic Rabbit's doubtlessly impressive assets.

Thanks for the compliment on the size of my vocabulary,Blue. I've always been told that I was above average in that department. 8)

The Dude himself created my avatar from original [reader] artwork. Criticize the Dude and die a slow death by sarcasm...:lol:

Kisses...

TR

Just wanted to say good job on the Christmas side-stories. Angels in the Snow was an insanely cute break from the high-tension stuff that's been building, and Stolen Christmas was great (and not just because it's centered on my two favorite DC characters).

Oh, and I guess I should throw in another "nice avatar" comment. Nice avatar. Looks like...vector graphics? Not an easy medium for drawing people.

Hello EleCivil,

I'm so sorry I neglected to mention your new Avatar. It too is absolutely fabulous!

I've admired bouncy balls since gym class back in high school. And the way you keep yours in motion all the time is a wonder!

I also admire the great job you are doing with Leaves and Lunatics. Keep it up!

As always,

Ben Dover

• 4 months later...

Blue pokes his head into the thread and looks backstage.

^echo^ ... Angel? ... Gene? ... Bobby? ... Mattie? ... ^echo^

Where is everybody, TR?

Guess I'll just run through some lines then.

*sigh*

No one even noticed the last chapter. Yeah, depressed, I suppose you could call it writer's block. Feels like a block weighing me down, I guess. I'm off to gay church this afternoon but will try to get some of my projects finished tonight and/or tomorrow. What I need is encouragement (and to stock up on vanilla Coke and cigs). I'm overwhelmed by losses and the physical right now, finding the way to submerge myself back into fiction would be good for me, actually.

Kisses...

TR

Hi TR,

If I can offer some encouragement, I'd like to.

Drama Club is my FAV story on this site... my absolute FAV!!!

I am DYING for more chapters. Angel is the kind of character we need more of... Gene... well I'd date him in a second!!!

I know it can be discouraging when there are no posts or mails... but PLEASE remember that doesn't mean people aren't reading and liking it!!!

Take a look back at all those chapters you have finished... that's a lot of good effort.

I went from Dec 20, 2004 to April 15, 2004 without one single post regarding TSOI, but in that time I've added at least 10 chapters. If no one EVER posts a thing about my work and I get no mail I will continue to write The Scrolls and other works. I love writing too much to stop. I know there are people reading my work they just forget to tell me sometimes.

Keep DC alive... it's a story that needs telling and is worth reading!!!

If you keep writing I promise I'll TRY and be better about giving you feedback on it!!!

Jamie

If I can offer some encouragement, I'd like to.

Drama Club is my FAV story on this site... my absolute FAV!!!

Seconded. The characters, the language, the drama, even the lyric/script excerpts - it all works. It's rare to see something come together so well.

• 1 year later...

Oh, hey, found the old Drama Club thread in a back room, covered in cobwebs.

DC20 "Endgame' is up at AD, though not yet at TR.org.

DC21 'Intermezzo' (an offside exploration of personal relationships, like DC15) and DC22 'Check & Mate' (conclusion of main DC plot) will follow closely and conclude this DC storyline.

It's unproofed, so if you find errors, please email them to me.

Kisses...

TR :albino:

Glad to see Drama Club Part 20 finally has arrived... and I certainly wasn't disappointed. And talk about cliffhangers... arrrrrgh

I know a lot of readers were waiting to see if the story was going to be finished to even start reading it. Now they have no excuse. With the concluding chapters 21 and 22 in the works and even titled I'm sure nobody will be disappointed. And for those who haven't read the preceding chapters... there's no time like the present!

Well done, TR!

Oh man, I was so glad to see this!  I've been waiting for more DC for...well, since the last one.

Awesome, TR!

Thank you, love. I should have 21 and 22 done in August, I'll be writing them at the same time and won't release 21 until 22 is done and both are proofed and possibly edited. That will conclude the main storyline but I'll later write some DC short stories, in between other stuff.

I took time out this week to write an unrelated story and may write some more before those last two DC chapters appear. When they do, however, Drama Club will, at last, be complete online, if not edited or tidy. I'd like to clean it up and improve it but am more likely to just write something else...including DC short stories.

Later on, I may want to start a full length sequel but won't be doing that any time soon. I have a couple other long projects I need to work on first.

I'm glad you enjoyed DC20 and hope 21 and 22 meet your expectations for the conclusion of Drama Club's main storyline. The many characters and situations will allow plenty of fodder for other, shorter, tales set at Northside, as not all of them will be resolved by the end of 22. I hope that's a good thing, to readers, and not a defect.

I have the idea that books shouldn't tie everything up with a bow, as that's not how RL works...there are always loose ends and new problems tend to arise from what appear to be solutions. Still, tthe primary problems will be drawn to what is, at least, a temporary close by the end of DC22.

Again, thanks to all for the kind words, on and off these Forums. Those constituted my primary reasons for returning to DC and concluding it.

Kisses...

TR

• 2 weeks later...