Mike's current status

There have been changes in Mike's circumstances in the last few weeks.

For a short time he was unwell and had to be admitted to hospital to undergo tests to work out what was wrong. He's now OK and in a new nursing home.

At present, because he was admitted to hospital in a bit of a rush, he doesn't have his laptop with him and is unable to reply to emails. He's hoping that situation will be remedied soon.

I'll try to keep everyone informed.

~ John

Mike is doing well. He still doesn't have his laptop, but is expecting to be reunited with it this weekend.

Dude's Picks for April will be delayed for a few days.

~ John

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Mike has been unwell again, and is in hospital having more tests done. He now has his laptop, but it's not in the hospital with him. He doesn't have his phone charger with him, either, so he might not be able to communicate much until he leaves the hospital.

He was in good spirits when I last spoke with him.

Mike just contacted me to let me know he's still in hospital, still undergoing tests, and very frustrated because he's still separated from his laptop. The good news is that his condition isn't life-threatening, but his doctors want to get to the bottom of it before they'll release him.

The problem is related to his blood pressure and his nervous system. The blood pressure is OK while he's lying down, but if he sits up his blood pressure drops, and if he stands, it drops further. The doctors are trying different medications.

Mike's missing not being able to at least read what's happening at AD. He's hoping to have his laptop back next weekend.

- John

15 hours ago, Cole Parker said:

Stuck in the hospital without his computer.  Double awful!

C

That is a nightmare I dread. Just take the precaution of getting myself a  5G tablet and if the staff object I will point out it is my phone and under NHS rules I am allowed to have a phone with me. Depriving anybody of their Laptop is a crime in this day and age. 

6 hours ago, Nigel Gordon said:

Depriving anybody of their Laptop is a crime in this day and age. 

Mike hasn't been deprived of his; it's just not in the hospital with him. The series of events that led to that situation would make a good story!

- John

UPDATE

Mike is out of hospital and back in the nursing home. He has his laptop and phone charger now. He's still frustrated because he can't do much.

The doctors have him on medication that seems to have stabilised his blood pressure.

- John

Thank you, sir.  Good news indeed.