Featured Author - Cole Parker

I am so pleased to see Cole Parker listed as this months Featured Author. I, along with many others, have enjoyed his work over the years. What was particularly pleasing was to see Ren listed at the top of the list of titles. One of my favourite works by Cole and one which I would recommend others to read.

Cole Parker rocks! I can't think of one story of his I haven't liked. Not a one.

I've just looked at his home page and gawped. Prodigious output just about covers it.

61 short stories, 29 novels, and more!

He truly is an Awesome Dude.

Awwww!  Thanks, guys.  I started writing when I retired to keep my hand in.  Well, my brain.  And it's worked to a degree.  I'm not nearly as demented as I'd have been without the  mental exercise writing brings.

I'll have another story starting soon, probably either Wednesday or Saturday.  Wednesday the 18th at the very latest.  I think you'll find it worthwhile.

C

It's nearly impossible, when visiting Cole's home page, to single out any of his stories and novels as better than any of the others; each one has been my favorite at one time or another.  This month's Featured Author list comes as close as any list could in showcasing the breadth of Cole's imagination and his masterful ability to write tale after tale that just pulls you in and won't let you go until the very last word.

We're so glad to have you, Cole.
James Merkin

15 hours ago, Nigel Gordon said:

I am so pleased to see Cole Parker listed as this months Featured Author. I, along with many others, have enjoyed his work over the years. What was particularly pleasing was to see Ren listed at the top of the list of titles. One of my favourite works by Cole and one which I would recommend others to read.

I'll second that Nigel - and especially you mentioning Ren as being one of your favourite stories. It is definitely one that sticks clearly in my memory bank.

As James has said, it is difficult to choose any of Cole’s stories as better than any of the others. To be prolific and deliver consistent quality and breadth is worthy of our kowtows.

Two not on the list that I re-read from time to time are ‘High Plains of Wyoming’ and ‘They Came with Guns’.

Congratulations, Cole. Being the AD Featured Author carries some heavy responsibilities. For you, these are easy to handle; they are related to what you do best, write engaging stories with believable characters.

Colin  :icon_geek:

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I want to say how grateful I am to Cole for his help and advice on numerous occasions. Also for his splendid storytelling, which had given me endless enjoyment and satisfaction over the years and will continue to do, even if he never writes anything more (heaven forbid). That's because I've now reached the age at which I can re-read something I read years ago, with no recollection  whatsoever of having read it before - so I get all the enjoyment over again! Dementia? Alzheimers? Who knows...

On 9/4/2019 at 7:51 PM, Camy said:

Cole Parker rocks! I can't think of one story of his I haven't liked. Not a one.

I've just looked at his home page and gawped. Prodigious output just about covers it.

61 short stories, 29 novels, and more!

He truly is an Awesome Dude.

Errata: with the addition 'Derek/Jake/Nick' line three should read '61 short stories, 30 novels, and more!'

I do want to apologize about the 9,000+ words being presented all at once.  If that doesn't turn anyone off, well, I'd be surprised.  It happened this way because I didn't make myself clear that the Prologue was to run alone.  My error entirely.  But readers end up paying the price.

Another way to look at it is: I'm sure if Derrick can survive the Prologue, you can, too.

C

On 9/15/2019 at 6:45 PM, Cole Parker said:

I do want to apologize about the 9,000+ words being presented all at once.  If that doesn't turn anyone off, well, I'd be surprised.  It happened this way because I didn't make myself clear that the Prologue was to run alone.  My error entirely.  But readers end up paying the price.

Of course, if anyone is too tired after reading the 4,336 words in the Prologue, they can take a break of one or more days before starting to read the 5,006 words in Chapter 1.

Spoiler

As if anyone would!  And BTW, reading the Prologue then immediately reading Chapter 1 is highly recommended!!

Colin  :icon_geek: