Ren by Cole Parker

Ren has all the markings of being a classic Cole Parker story and one I am certain we will all be looking forward to reading. At the same time I sense there is something a bit different in this story, I have no idea where Cole will be taking us in his telling of the story but I suspect it is going to be somewhere different and interesting. I look forward to reading more.

The first chapter in any story is always a difficult time for the author and the reader. The tone of the story must be set, details handed out, characters established, and the author must engage the readers in what is hopefully a long relationship...Cole has done all of that and more.

Within several pages I had complete empathy with the main character and knew his life mattered. The details of a life are complicated and I didn't expect to learn as much as I did in this one chapter, but the information was all there. And like a good storyteller, Cole ended the chapter by giving the reader the impetus to read on about these interesting lives. Chapter two cannot come soon enough. I applaud the author.

You'll find the story here: http://www.awesomedude.com/cole-parker/ren/index.htm

The classic Cole Parker story dilemma: read it now and then fret impatiently between each posting, or wait until it is finished while fretting impatiently for it to be all up. Dang.

Maybe I'll just look at a little bit of Chapter One to get some idea of the plot.

Dang.

I sure hope it posts twice a week.

I have complained to Mihangel about publishing all of his novel in one go, now I wish Cole would do that.

• 2 weeks later...

This story could be a real Cole tour de force in that he is taking his time to flesh out the characters and their relationships with no apparent rush. I have quite enjoyed the dynamics presented between father and son. We have learned so much in the dialogue between them, and yet it seems much has been left unsaid...as if our sneaky author seems to have something up his sleeve.

Perhaps I should have waited but the first chapter has teased me into reading each posting at it appears. I could wait a few weeks and go back to catch up, but that is not likely to happen. Is it Wednesday yet? Thanks Cole, enjoying the ride and I haven't been on a horse in 30 years.

So far this story has more than lived up to its expectations and I am really enjoying it. Can't wait to see what comes next.

• 4 weeks later...

The classic Cole Parker story dilemma: read it now and then fret impatiently between each posting, or wait until it is finished while fretting impatiently for it to be all up. Dang.

Maybe I'll just look at a little bit of Chapter One to get some idea of the plot.

Dang.

I sure hope it posts twice a week.

I had the luck to just find this new story of Cole. I could read 16 chapters at once.

:-)

Forced to wait now like everybody else....

You did it again Cole! Nice work.

Messr. Parker is evidently 100 years old. He remembers the days when serials showed every Saturday at the movies for a nickel and kids would walk through burning razor blades to make sure they got there! (Supposedly included the popcorn.)

Wouldn't be any problem at all if he weren't such a doggone good writer. Curse you Ren Baron!